These are very rich – you can cut into smaller pieces. Just be aware that it will take more than 1 brownie for your 300 calories.
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened, natural cocoa powder (not Dutch processed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Place butter and sugar in a saucepan on very low heat.
- As butter melts, stir until butter is completely melted and sugar is dissolved in the butter. Do not brown the butter.
- Remove from heat and add to cocoa and salt, stir till blended.
- Add one egg at a time, stirring after each one until each is blended in.
- Add flour and baking powder, stir until completely blended. Finally, add vanilla.
- For thick 300 calorie brownies, pour or scrape batter into a 9 by 9-inch pan lined with parchment paper, and bake for 45 to 60 minutes. The middle will still be soft when done, but the edges will be set.
- When done, sprinkle top with powdered sugar and cut into 16 brownies.
- For a thinner version, pour/scrape the batter into a 9 by 13-inch pan lined with parchment paper, and bake for 30 minutes. 1/16 of the pan is about 300 calories.
© 2021 Copyright Natural Healthy Ways to Have a Longer Healthier Life